It can often be hard to tell when ageing is affecting a family member. Don't ignore the warning signs, because small things can add up to a larger challenge incredibly fast. If you notice certain changes in your loved one, it might be time to consider outside help:
- Changes in relationships with family and friends.
- Withdrawal from social interactions.
- Unusual behaviour, such as increased agitation, speaking loudly or little talking at all.
- Neglecting personal care, such as hygiene or nutrition.
- Lack of engagement with the rituals of daily living, unopened letters, unwashed laundry and dirty dishes.
- Mismanagement of finances, such as unpaid bills or unusual purchases.